Thursday, December 10, 2009

PHP files without an extension?

I'm looking at various webhosts to host a project I worked on on my own computer. The project pretty much requires that I can create a PHP file without a .php, .php3., .php4 etc. extension and function like it should. I edited the httpd.conf file on my computer to change DefaultType to application/x-httpd-php, but most affordable web hosts won't let me do that. Is there a workaround? Or do some web hosts already do that? If so, is Dreamhost one (or should I not use it at all?)



PHP files without an extension?performing arts



You could add MIME types using an .htaccess file in your site's root. But it still requires that the webserver has the PHP processor extension loaded. Otherwise it wouldn't know what to do with the PHP instructions. AFAIK, Dreamhost does have servers with PHP support, though that depends on which plan you have. Look at the links for more information



PHP files without an extension?binoculars opera theater



You need an extension to identify the type of file on any web host. You can alternatively write them as html or htm files.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin allergy